FotoStudio

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Photo Expo


















My trip to the photo plus expo

Its amazing the variety of companies offering a large range of services, cameras, printers, accessories, programs and equipments that I found in the expo that I didn’t have enough time to check them all.

I find really interesting the lecture that Apple Store gave about the cool features of their new program for photography called Aperture, which allows you to work with the raw pictures and edit them more accurately. They include more flexible photo management options that let you store images more conveniently. It already come intergraded with adjustment tools and color management, which makes the process of managing the photos easier in one program.

The booth that I liked the most was the LiveBooks, which is an editable portfolio websites for professional photographers. I have been trying to find an e-portfolio that is affordable and easy to arrange the photos. What attracted me the most was the student discount that they were offering and free magazine subscription for one year. I also checked their website which is livebooks.com for more information about their services.
There are two types of services available for the student and faculty, the professional Folio and the Pro version.

The product that most attracted me was the flexible tripod called Jody GorillaPod because is very light, its legs bends to secure the camera in any kind of surface and also can be attached to anything from a bench to a tree branch. This product is available in three sizes. I bought the smallest version for my digital camera because is small enough that could fit in my purse, it cost around $25 dollars at www.jody.com or at www.jr.com.

Mili

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home